August 2018 - Colour Combo Blog Hop - Two Cards To Share
Today is another round of color inspiration from the talented Colour Combo blog hop group of Stampin' Up! independent demonstrators. I am enjoying my summer travels thus far, we are full time RV travelers and my husband and I are currently touring Eastern Washington.
This month's colors are: Pool Party, Blackberry Bliss and Merry Merlot.
The first project I put together was a clean and simple design using the new Subtle embossing folder. If you haven't seen this particular folder yet, I prepared a detailed study on the difference that this embossing folder makes on projects. You can see the video here, it is 8min 59 sec. -> Watch the Subtle Video
The stamp set used to make the simple focal layer is called "Floral Phrases" and I've always wanted to use the long floral border stamp. I inked up the stamp using all three of this month's colors using the Many Marvelous Markers. The long sentiment was stamped above it in Pool Party and Blackberry Bliss. The focal layer was cut to look pleasing, I rarely pre-measure my focal layer cuts, choosing to go with what looks good, then I work out the matting to fit on an A2 card which is my preferred card size. Because I send my cards to friends and family while I travel, I don't often stray from the USPS rules for mailing.
Next came embossing the Pool Party background, spritzing first as well as using one heavy cardstock shim to ensure the deepest embossed surface. It was trimmed to 4" x 5 1/4". The focal measures 1 3/8" x 4 1/4" and is framed by a mat of Blackberry Bliss that measures 1 1/2" x 4 7/8".
The only embellishment is a single Blackberry Bliss Faceted Gem over the "thanks".
Because of how quick and easy this project was to complete, I kept going. The second project started with an inked acrylic block (Size E - 3-7/16" x 4-7/16" (8.7 x 11.3 cm)), spritzed with water and applied to an A2 size piece of Whisper White cardstock. Then using Dandelion Wishes, The focal image and sentiment were stamped using Merry Merlot. The focal layer was trimmed down leaving about a 1/4" white border all around. A triple mat was then cut. The top two mats were layered with dimensionals over the third layer, which was adhered to the Whisper White card base. Three rhinestone embellishments finish this project off.
Focal Layer: 3 5/8" x 4 3/4"
Merry Merlot Layer: 3 3/4" x 4 7/8"
Pool Party Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Blackberry Bliss: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
I hope you like my projects. Don’t forget to leave a comment before you hop to Angela and see her lovely project. Just click on the NEXT image below. If you get lost along the hop, you can use the blog hop list to help guide you along.
Blog Hop List:
- Elisabeth Pirolt (AT) - https://www.little-lizzys-crafts.at/2018/08/08/colour-combo-blog-hop-fruehlingsfreuden/
- Sue McDonald (UK) - https://frankiesue.blogspot.com/2018/08/colour-combo-blog-hop-august.html
- Sandra Herzog (AT) -https://herzerlskreativecke.at/2018/08/08/colour-combo-blog-hop/
- Rene Guenther (D) - https://blog.stempeln-mit-rene.de/2018/08/colour-combo-blog-hop-august-2018.html
- Brigitte Baier-Moser (AT) - http://mediendesign-moser.at/international/colour-combo-blog-hop-august-2018/
- Tanja Klingler-Selinger (AT) - https://www.aigenmade.com/colour-combo-blog-hop-stampinup-august-2018/
- Anastasia Radloff (USA) - http://www.stampinblondie.com/2018/08/colour-combo-blog-hop-august-2018.html
- Emma Cooper (UK) - https://lilacdaisycrafts.blogspot.com/2018/07/colour-combo-blog-hop-august-2018.html
- Tricia Butts - https://triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com/2018/08/colour-combo-august-blog-hop.html
- Lisa Kmiec (USA) - https://lisakmiecstamps.blogspot.com/2018/08/colour-combo-blog-hop.html
- Tracy Marie Lewis - Stuff N Thingz (USA) <- You Are Here
- Angela Köber (DE) - https://stempelfamilie.blogspot.com/2018/08/colour-combo-blog-hop-august-2018.html
- Rebekah Crisp - https://bcreativewithberyl.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/colour-combo-blog-hop/
As an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I am here for you. I would love to be your demonstrator if you do not currently have one. I have an extensive channel on YouTube with a large mix of videos on papercrafting and the full time RV life style. Fresh YouTube content is uploaded weekly. I seek out inspiration and new techniques by participating in challenges, swaps, blog hops and various demonstrator communities so I can bring you relevant content on my blog. My goal is to inspire you to create something every day!
I actively use Stampin' Up!'s very popular Paper Pumpkin monthly subscription kits and create alternative videos each month just as soon as the kit arrives. Using my monthly host code will net you thank you gifts for every purchase you make. You can place your order using my online store, or feel free to contact me if you would like me to place your order. Don't hesitate to reach out should you need any assistance. I look forward to being your crafting angel!
If you are looking for a low pressure sales experience where you work at your own pace doing what you love, becoming an independent demonstrator is a great option. If you are looking to get a discount on Stampin' Up!s great product line you can become a hobby demonstrator. I am growing a non-location specific team of demonstrators. I utilize on-line tools to communicate and share business knowledge and creative skills as well as to provide a positive working and creating environment for new recruits. Consider joining the fun!
Thanks for stopping by!