Fun Layout - Bright Colors - Birthday Card - #1
I found this sketch challenge to craft with at our fourth of July playdate (I had so much fun!). Libby and I made two cards using this sketch and this was the second one I made. I will reveal the first one in the next article, so stay tuned and subscribe to my papercrafting emails to receive a daily notice of new content.
For this project, the Gorgeous Grape cardstock was cut down to A2 size and then it was embossed with the Old World embossing folder. I eye-balled the Magenta Madness and Seaside Spray cardstock pieces and ran them through their embossing folders (Subtle and Tasteful Textiles).
These colors are so bright I did not look at them at this stage, I just adhered the pink and light purple on top of the purple, trimmed this background down to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". I held off deciding on the stamp and dies until the background was finished.
Positive Thoughts has a nice mix of stamped die cut images to make into a collage. Using all three colors to stamp the various images, I laid them out on the background and decided to add some silver foil elements to make the center pop against the vivid background.
The small birthday sentiment was stamped in Gorgeous Grape on a Seaside Spray label cut from the Sailing Away die set. Twine, clear rhinestones and silver metallic pearls finished this project off perfectly.
In the end I decided I really like this card. Be sure to come back and see the second card where I will reveal which one I like best.
What is a papercrafting challenge? It is a great place to post your projects in the hopes that it will be chosen as a favorite. Winners receive badges to put on their blog and some winners are asked to be a guest designer for the next blog.
Other challenges have prizes and the winner is randomly selected.
Both types of challenges are motivating and fun to participate in. If you are in a rut or aren't feeling especially creative, challenges are a great way get past any creative blocks and they often stretch your imagination which is pretty awesome!
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 300 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!