Silhouette Sunset Scene - Strip Series #3 - Thanksgiving Card
This was a Winter Is Coming candidate, but it hid itself in my stash and I just now found it again. I love how easy Stampin' Up!'s scenery making sets are to use. The stamp set with the bridge is called "My Meadow". "Waterfront" and Snowfront" offer even more scenery making options. I teach a beginner cardmaking class that uses "Waterfront" which can make a wide variety of cards. I will link to it below. Here is the pin that inspired Libby and I to make fall cards usiny "My Meadow" -> Pin Link.
The sun is a masked off circle cut from a full stick sticky note. I did not have a small enough circle die so I had to get creative. I looked through the catalog for something circle-ish that I own. I found a circle shape small enough in the die set "Sunflowers". After adding the silhouette elements, I went back over and sponged in more darks. The gel pen fades a bit as it is layered on the Early Espresso dye ink and the gel pen is affected by water-based inks.
I think our decision to make the scene a long strip versus the inspiration pin's smaller rectangular version was a good one. I love how this came out!
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 300 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!