Back In The Copic Saddle - Project #1 Complete

Publish Date: 
Back In The Copic Saddle | Tracy Marie Lewis |

It feels so good to be back in the Copic saddle again! I bought a few digi stamps from Power Poppy back in November but our printer would not feed thick cardstock. Then of course the unimaginable happened when we lost our home which meant that I never did get to color those beautiful stamps I'd bought.

We are staying at Hub's parents and their printer feeds my cardstock so of course the second I had more Copics in my posession I printed the digi stamps for coloring. They are so pretty colored! I matted using the following colors: Stampin' Up! Night Of Navy, Daffodil Delight and Berry Burst. The embossing pattern is Plaid by Cuttlebug and the white bow was from my mom. 

The bottom mat is Gina Marie's Wonky Rectangles.The sequins are from a Paper Pumpkin and the pearls are Stampin' Up!. My mom had a perfect Happy Birthday stamp and it did not have a maker's mark on it. Neither of my two Happy Birthday's fit in the space.

Copic Sketch and Original markers used as follows (superfine nib markers denoted with a *):

Leaves - ligher G20, 24 and darker G40, 43, 46
Daisies - leaves Y11, 13, 17 and centers Y17, E31, 37, 77*, YR07*
Dahlias - R81, 83, 85, V04 (I varied the colors slightly for all three)
Berries - B21, 23, 24
Background - B000, W5*, C7*

W5* and C7* added depth in the flowers followed up withwhite gel pen to lighten up the lights and add a little sparkle.

The Scan N Cut 2 set with a .04 border cut out the image - It is so nice to NOT have to do any fussy cutting!

Included is a link to a video with a trick to controllling spools of ribbon as well as a way to store 3m foam adhesive in your crop bag. Video Length 7 min 25 sec.

Supplies Used In This Project: 

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!



Ha! Great idea Tracy - I actually did something similar recently - I had to take a plane trip & took some projects with me - at the last minute I remembered I needed foam tape, so I cut a swatch of about 6 inches & I had accumulated my projects into Stampin' Up! stamp cases (I had the large ones - so 14 card projects fit perfectly), then I had another one I used for tape runner, tape squares & foam tape. It stuck perfectly to the indide cover, kept it secure & did not loose stickiness for my project! 

I had intended to work on the projects on the return flight & would cut the foam tape into squares when I was at my first destination - but I forgot, so while on the return flight (I had no scissors & no cut foam tape) I decided to try to tear it - it was going to be hidden anyway - and it worked perfectly - it tore easily.

So I had foam tape stuck to stamp cases & torn foam tape - and I was able to accomplish my 2 projects completely on my flight home! 


Add new comment