Blue Bird Layered Birthday Card
This was the second project I worked on at my mom's. It was the "reject" background, but I had a great solution to that problem...add lots and lots of die cut layers!
This background consists of the following:
- Balmy Blue circles from Beauty Abounds
- Soft Sea Foam branches from Very Versailles
- Crumb Cake text from Very Versailles
- Basic Gray birch bark
The reason that the background was what I consider a "reject" is that the final layer I added was the birch bark in Basic Gray and it was definitely too dark. I should have stamped it off once first.
I cut a bunch of dies from a variety of sets:
- Sprigs from Beauty Abounds (Rococo Rose and Pear Pizzazz)
- Bands from Detailed Bands (Basic Gray and Crumb Cake)
- Leaves from Detailed Bands (Soft Sea Foam and Pear Pizzazz)
- Bird from Well Written (Balmy Blue)
- Flowers from Well Written (Rococo Rose - not used)
The sentiment is from Botanical Bliss. It was stamped in Basic Gray on Whisper White. The edges were distressed and sponged with Crumb Cake.
The background and mat were distressed and sponged with Crumb Cake and the base was sponged with Crumb Cake.
I finished the card using Very Vanilla scalloped trim and gold metallic pearls.
I am entering the following challenge:
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!