Chill Relaxation Art
I am not done creating art for my walls yet. You might at this point be asking, what is the big deal with making all this art? Well, I am retiring from my IT job this Friday. I've worked a stressful IT job for 31 years now with some marketing time in there, but I was in a technical role all 31 years. So these art work snippets with their silly words and phrases are going to help me to "chill" and "love life" all the more while I get acclimatized to retired life. Our life is not going to be all that hum drum and boring because we will be slow traveling in our fifth wheel for the first part of this journey.
Our empty fifth wheel walls are going to be set up to help me get into the retirement frame of mind. My husband has had six years to get ready for this so these words won't have such a large impact on him as they will for me.
This project started with tearing up a selection of business return mail envelopes. I had a pile of blue scraps and black ones. At first it was going to be a mix of both but then I saw the "freeze" challenge with made me think of the "chill" die I'd recently bought. I cut that out in a black metallic glitter paper. OOO, I liked that alot so I took out the blue papers and selectively ripped the black and sponged the edges and random spots of the fronts.
I laid it out, and decided that I needed to make the "chill" thicker with a slight black offset shadow. I did that by cutting the word out three more times in black cardstock. I used Mono Glue to adhere the three black layers together first, then appblied the black to the black glitter, making it slightly offset. Using the Mono Glue made the last step easy since I put the two layers together wet and slid each letter to the perfect position.
The embellishments that I chose to use included Black Enamel Accents (which I gave overnight to dry), Clear Rhinestones, Pearls and some fun black tinsely fiber. I popped up both layers of black DSP and glued the thickened "Chill" directly to the top layer. I mounted it all on black corrugated paper which I find works perfect for hanging.
Distress ink used: Black Soot
I am entering this project in the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Anything but a card
- Splitcoast Stampers - Mix - Ability Challenge #f390 - Back to Business (use the inside of a business envelope as DSP)
- DL.art Monthly Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls Challenge #120 - Patterned Paper
- Sunny Day Crafting #33 Scrapbook Layout or Anything Goes
- CraftyHazelNut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January 2017
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!