Painted Poppies Splatter Series - #2 - Red & Green
For the second in this series I changed to a red and green palette, using more traditional poppy colors. The twine was colored with a light Real Red Blends marker. The gems were colored using a dark Basic Black Blends marker. I wanted more height on the small focal poppy and had a scrap of corrugated Real Red cardstock in my stash so I trimmed it down. This particular card is one of my all time favorites.
Blends Markers used:
R000 (Copic, very light peachy pink)
light and dark Poppy Parade
light and dark Real Red
light Cherry Cobbler
Light Mossy Meadow (the stems are hand drawn)
In the bottom left corner I used most of the large splatter stamp and as I moved up toward the sentiment I became more careful with my splatting. I rotated the stamp to avoid a repeat pattern showing. I worked pretty quickly as I didn't want to over think the card. I colored and splatted the main image in about 15 minutes which for me is lightning fast as I am a very slow crafter.
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 280 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!