Winter Is Coming Wednesday - #10 - Shaker Window Made From Scratch
Oopsie - hub pointed out that this video is live and it is only Tuesday!
This window shaker is a fun one to make. I keep this mockup around to dismantle whenever I need to make one for a project. In today's video I take it apart and discuss all of the pieces. Below are all of the measurements I can think of. I include them in the video as well. Please leave a comment if I missed anything. Video length 16 min 17 sec.
Decorative window bits (note you can adjust these as you need to cover up the shaker pieces depending on how much needs to be covered of your shaker)
- Top 5/8" x 3"
- Bottom: 3/4" x 3 1/8"
- Sides: 1/4"
- Middle: 3/16"
- Window base outer: 4" x 2 5/8" (frame cut using 2 stitched nested frames)
Shaker should be approximately the size of your window base (cut the window base first to use as your guide to build your shaker)
Layers from top to bottom:
- Decorative window bits
- rectangle window base (what everything is sized to)
- window sheet
- foam strips
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 300 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!