Winter is Coming Wednesday - #14 Forever Gold Laser Cut Paper On Three Cards
The projects in this episode were two different styles. I started with the easy one, a Christmas card. The winter card was a challenge. In my mind winter is not a gold foil holiday. In the end I really like the gold and I even discovered a second way to use the foil that works great. Alas I spent so much time fussing that I did not get to finish them 100% (I do post pics of what I have so far). I will post both winter final images in next week's showcase. Be sure to check them out in the short video.
It is blustery here in the Pacific Northwest which is my favorite time to craft. I enjoy sitting at my huge window watching the rain and wind in the pine trees. We are currently in an open campground with no privacy which doesn't bother me at all. We move tomorrow to a campground with very private sites, but we will not have sewer to our rig and the electric is only 30 amp.
Which card is your favorite? Let me know how your holiday cards are coming along, I love to hear from you.
How did I adhere the foil to the cardstock? I use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the gold foil to the background. If the pattern is large enough - like the leaves on the Christmas card, I will add a very small dot of glue to a random number of the leaves, making sure I add glue to all of the outer edge leaves. For the very tiny pattern I take a small chunk of wet yellow sponge and dab it lightly in the glue, making sure it is thinned by the water and I dap the mixture all over the back of the foil.
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 300 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!