Masculine Funny Goat Birthday Card
Today's project is a birthday card for my father-in-law. He has received many cards from me over the years and this year I wanted to try out a humorous card. I colored the goat using very light alcohol markers. Stampin' Up! carries a line of markers but they do not go light enough for the coloring I had envisioned so I used the following Copic markers:
N00, N02 & R000 - If you have Blends, use Smoky Slate & Petal Pink
I did add a trim to add more detail to the card. Instead of a bow, I made a double knot to enhance the masculine look.
The video Quick Take I've linked will demonstrate how to create the partial sentiment (The happy birthday sentiment stamp includes "you old goat" and I removed it using the technique shown in the video). I also demonstrate my preferred method of researching my die collection to find the perfect "chomp" the goat takes out of the card.
I used two DSPs which give the card more depth, but solid Misty Moonlight and Smokey Slate cardstock would work well in place of the DSP.
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 300 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!