Stamp A Stack Card #5 - Tea Cups

Publish Date: 
Stamp A Stack Card #5 - Tea Cups My Version |

This is my final Stamp A Stack (SAS) card re-do. My friend just asked me if perhaps re-do'ing these cards is somehow offensive. So I want to explain a bit more about my own concept of changing someone's design from a paid for event. First of all I enjoy these events. I go as much to make new projects as to visit with my crafting pals. Yes by signing up for the event I am signing up to be subjected to whatever the organizer/demonstrator makes the materials for. I am taking the risk of every single card being in colors I personally hate.

It could be my bad luck that every subject is something like children's cards (I don't have children and have few in the family these days) but luckily these events are classified on the schedule so I don't have to go to an all kids cards SAS, or all of any one thing I don't like. I also know that to make this event profitable and make sense for the hostess, the materials used need to be limited and easily made. These are Stampin' Up events so of course every item used will be from their current catalog. I enjoy making up the first card and then going home and using my own available materials, I make it more to my liking, but that doesn't make it right for everyone and it doesn't say that the original design is bad in any way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So I hope this series doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. 

Ok, now on to this particular card. As far as personal liking goes, this was just a hair better than the bears. I will admit I did not notice the other side of the paper on the middle teacup that I initially made, and it came out overall too white in the middle of the card and that's on me. I drug my feet to work on this one because like the bears I am just not a teacup girl.

I did have some ideas for making the card more to my liking. I changed out the base, and added a very thin burgandy layer. I also colored a thin white ribbon with Copic Sketch marker RV69 to match the burgandy. I used some gold doilies. Doodled on a couple of the teacups in gold, edged the sentiment in gold to match. Matted it with burgandy and added white lace at the bottom to sort of give these teetering teacups a base to sit on - a lace tablecloth. I added some nice rose cut gem embellishments for just that little bit more and I picked a spoon charm from what was provided to finish it off. I like this version of the card well enough now that I am going to enter it in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - add texture

Stamp A Stack Card #5 - Tea Cups Class Version |
Supplies Used In This Project: 

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!



Adorable card! Such a lovely design! Very prety!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!



Add new comment